- Are you a business or a marketer that is in double minds whether to invest in SEO strategies or not?
- Do you know what are some of the major benefits that a good SEO strategy can bring to your business?
- Have you tried speaking to digital marketing agencies that offer SEO only to feel confused about whether to go ahead?
Any business that creates a brand website does so with some expectations. From web traffic to sales queries and branding for a business, a website can do all this and more. However, one question that a business needs to ask itself is- how can I make my website rank for my industry keywords on search engines or SERPs?
This is where Search Engine Optimization (SEO) comes in. It allows a brand to improve its digital marketing performance by making it rank higher on search engines. In this article, we are going to look at some of the major benefits of SEO for businesses.
However, before we get to the list of benefits, let us first try to define and understand what SEO is all about.
Search Engine Optimization: Meaning and Definition
Search engines have certain parameters according to which they judge the quality of any website. For them, it is all about giving web visitors access to the best possible content.
SEO is in many ways a set of guidelines that have been laid down by search engines for brands telling them about how they can make their websites rank for their industry-related keywords.
There are two major components or parts of a well-rounded SEO strategy-
- Off-Page SEO- this refers to all the optimizations that take place not on the website itself, but other platforms. Strategies like Guest Posting, Profile Linking, Link Building, Community Postings, etc. form part of Off-Page SEO strategies.
- On-Page SEO- this refers to the process of carrying out optimizations on the website itself. Improving the loading speed of the site, altering meta tags, title tags, and fixing URL structures are some of the many On-Page SEO optimizations.
SEO is a long-term digital marketing growth strategy whose purpose is to earn the clicks on your website organically. To this end, it seeks to build the digital foundations of a website by link building, natural content seeding, inbound marketing through blogs, and more.
List of 7 Major Reasons why your Business needs to Invest in SEO Strategies
In this section, we speak to experts from a leading agency offering seo services in Dubai to big businesses and ask them about some major reasons why a business should invest in SEO strategies-
- Helps in Ensuring a Steady Flow of Organic Web Traffic-
Many businesses might have heard about SEM and PPC. These two are paid campaign strategies that allow you to drive traffic to your website only till the point that your budget gets exhausted. As against this, SEO helps in building a decent and stable flow of organic web traffic that does not require any special budgets. This is very essential for a brand to succeed.
- Creates Credibility, Trust, and Following for a Brand-
A big reason why businesses invest in SEO is to boost their online exposure. The more results a brand has when someone types in their name on search, the more is the credibility and trust that the brand enjoys. This is why SEO focuses on seeding positive content about the brand on platforms and publisher sites that are related to the industry niche of the business.
- On-Page SEO Favours a Positive User Experience-
Every business would want visitors to come to its site, check out its offerings and if they feel confident, buy something from the brand. Creating a positive UX is part of what SEO does. By focusing on site speed, page navigation structures, and more, allows audiences to spend more time on a website. This also helps in reducing Bounce Rates and improving rankings.
- Driving Traffic from SEO Strategies leads to Increased Conversions-
The logic is simple. The higher your brand website ranks, the more targeted traffic will it receive and the better will be the chances of making sales conversions. SEO not only drives web traffic but more importantly, drives targeted traffic- people who are already interested in what the brand is offering and are looking at making a purchase decision.
- SEO Strategies Help in Understanding how the Digital Ecosystem Works-
At the end of the day, everything is related to SEO in some way or the other. Advancements in SEO strategies or the coming up of new best practices signal important changes in how tech giants are moving forward. Paying attention and being aware helps in making quick course corrections to ensure that lesser wastages by following outdated strategies are avoided.
- SEO Strategies are Cheaper, Affordable and offer the Best ROIs-
You do not have to break the bank in order to guarantee SEO success for your business. In terms of other digital marketing strategies like PPC or even SMM, SEO is far more affordable and cost-effective. Most digital marketing experts point out that as compared to all other strategies, SEO offers the greatest value-for-money proposition for any business organization.
- Results from SEO can be Measured through Data and Analytics-
One of the foremost reasons why brands are able to understand whether their SEO strategy is working or not is because everything is measurable and quantifiable. If your SEO strategy starts performing, you will see your brand keywords are ranking by using any tool such as AHREFS or MOZ. You will also see higher web traffic figures and more page sessions.
The Bottom Line
Almost all brands pursue strategies like PPC, SEM, Email Marketing, etc. at strategic timelines. In other words, they do not pursue them all the time. SEO, along with SMM are the only two strategies that brands pursue right through the year. They realize that a well-formulated, result-oriented SEO strategy can help them drive multiple KPIs for their brand.
If you have any other questions, you wish for us to answer on SEO best practices, strategies, or mistakes, please let us know about them in the comments section below. We will try our best to answer as many of them as possible.