The Windows Redstone 5 new build has been released and there are many bug fixes and known issues have been resolved. The Redstone 5 build version 17634 has been released and some of the features that have been added are just what the end users have been waiting for. Still there are some unfixed bugs but hopefully they will get fixed in the next build too.
Windows Redstone 5 New Build Features
You can download the preview and enjoy the new features. Apart from crashes and some display errors the other new features include BitLocker working in a proper way as well as PDFs opening properly in the Edge browser.
Here is a summary of all the updates in the new Redstone 5 build as compiled by Winfuture.
- Fixed an issue where entering in the Microsoft Edge URL bar immediately after opening a new tab could cause the letters to appear in an unexpected order.
- Fixed a problem opening local .html or .pdf files (double-click, right-click> open), Microsoft Edge does not render the loaded content if Microsoft Edge was not already running before opening the file.
- Fixed an issue where PDFs displayed with Microsoft Edge would be reduced after refreshing the page if DPI scaling> 100% was used.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Microsoft Edge to crash if certain extensions were disabled.
- Fixed an issue that caused Task Manager to not display the title of the application in the process name for open Visual Studio projects.
- Fixed an issue that caused the UAC dialog to appear incorrectly in recent flights.
- Fixed an issue that caused certain devices with BitLocker to unexpectedly boot into BitLocker recovery in the most recent flights.
- Fixed an issue where the emoji panel was closed after an accent was entered in certain languages.
- Fixed an issue that caused the focus to be lost after the Action Center was closed with WIN + A.
There are still some known issues pending fixes but will have to wait for the next build to upgrade those.